SENIOR DIGITAL DELIVERY MANAGER [USA BASED]
Senior Digital Delivery Manager [USA Based]
We’re currently looking for talented Senior Digital Delivery Managers to join our team to work collaboratively with our client(s)in Washington DC, USA to shape and deliver their enterprise business transformation, enabled by our business-led framework HOBA.
As part of our Digital team, you’ll work alongside colleagues from across HOBA TECH USA – delivering transformative digital solutions to today’s most complex business challenges.
At HOBA TECH, we help some of the largest and most complex organisations in the UK and across the globe to adapt and excel by adopting digital thinking and ways of working. To us, Digital Delivery is much more than a methodology; it’s the key to building the right leadership, cultural and organisational structure.
Although we are recognised globally for our business-led business transformation method and framework, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting.
The Senior Delivery Manager’s role at HOBA TECH is to set the team up for success, support them in problem solving and enable them to come up with their own insights and products within constraints. As Senior Delivery Manager you’ll be in delivery, shoulder-to-shoulder with the team and deep in the detail of the work.
You’ll be fully client-facing, harnessing the metrics coming from the team, both to help the team improve its own throughput and to inform clients and others about how the teams are delivering. You’ll be experienced at delivering digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, planning at a higher level, developing client relationships and getting into the detail to make things happen. You will ensure our delivery solutions are robust, risk managed and commercially strong.
You will play a role in the formation and running of high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking. This means you are not set in one process or way of thinking but willing to learn new skills and approaches to solve our client challenges; though you will be an experienced and proficient Agile practitioner. You will spend approximately 85% of your time in the work and 15% of your time supporting the development of the Delivery capability and new business.
To join our team, it is vital that you share our values of inclusivity, integrity and excellence and our vision to ‘be the standard for Business Transformation in the world, providing teams and organisations the tools to implement their target operating models and transforming their business, reducing waste and change debt and realising more benefits on a global scale’.
On top of this, experience in one or more of the following areas will be beneficial:
- In discussion and agreement with the team, implement the agreed delivery approach and take responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered successfully
- Clearly communicate delivery approaches and decisions to others – be ‘in the work’ yourself
- Evolve and codify our Delivery practice, learning and iterating frequently, and coaching others to do so – and document findings, tools and approaches
- Set an example of what great Delivery Management looks like, ensuring quality and attention to detail is embedded throughout our work.
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide recommendations to alleviate significant delivery challenges
- Lead the team to accurately scope, estimate and define effort for complex projects, to create proposals and Statements of Work
In this role, it is essential that you have a number of years of professional experience and can:
- Confidently set up and run project rhythms and routines, with the team and client
- Be visible to your teams and our clients, and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with the team, the client and the stakeholders
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages on priorities, objectives and expectations
- Ensure feedback is flowing appropriately, is observed, analysed and actioned by the team to improve delivery practices
- Maintain clear, calm communication in challenging circumstances, encourage others to do the same and lead by example
- Excellent presentation skills
Delivering quality at pace
- Demonstrate wide-ranging knowledge and skills to deliver, but identify when to ask for help
- Draw on a reservoir of prior experience and learnings to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time
- Work with the internal resourcing team to cast project team members in a timely and accurate way, ensuring the right fit for the work
Collaboration And Partnering Skills
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across disciplines and other boundaries
- Be involved in the work and collaborate with team members as part of the creation and solution-finding process
- Actively participate in the wider Delivery Management Capability, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
Sharing And Learning Skills
- Understand the client’s business so as to be able to have discussions confidently
- Develop enough understanding of the technical domain to be able to recognise the technical risks arising from the development process
- Lead and understand the delivery practices in use.
- Analyse and evaluate information and identify risks to make decisions or make considered recommendations to appropriate escalation points
- Identify the main issues in complex problems and work to clarify understanding or expectations, to seek the best options, pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Establish and manage robust governance for programmes and projects, including RACI, dependency mapping, risk and stakeholder management and reporting
Specialist Skills And Requirements
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with excellent written and numerical skills. You will be experienced in writing Statements of Work, project approaches and proposals. You will be able to take a guided role in new business development
- Expertise in estimating, scoping and delivering large scale digital projects and products, using a variety of techniques
- Experience in running technical/engineering projects and organising teams for Agile delivery, with rapid, iterative delivery using modern digital practices
- We expect that you will have previous experience of working in an Agency, Consultancy or comparable environment
- Experience of working in fast-paced environments on a start-up function
- Previous life sciences, banking, digital banking, business and/or digital transformations projects and program
Note – this is an active live role, you would ideally need to be available to start within 4-6 weeks (or sooner). We will consider waiting for the right candidate.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the USA (certain exceptions apply).
If this sounds like you and you would be interested to be considered for this role, please click the link to apply.